Monday 23 June 2014

Epic Armageddon Chaos Demon Proxies Painted

Over the last couple of weeks I have managed to get some painting done on my Epic force.

The Juggernauts have got the first washes laid down so I imagine they'll be finished over the next week or so. I did complete my Demon proxies (which I was using a test on colour scheme).

They're painted with multiple layers of GW washes.


Click to Enlarge
I mentioned previously that I was going a bit retro ('old skool' I think I said) with my thinking for my World Eaters Epic A force so not worrying about sticking strictly to the modern iteration of Khornate followers.

I'll go into more detail when covering my army list in another post but the overall concept for the force is that they are devoted to a lesser Chaos 'God' which is aligned with Khorne. The patron of my force is one of Khorne's huntsmen, his purpose is to sniff out new locations, battlefields and 'crops' (skulls for those of you who might not know GW chaos gods) for Khorne to reap.

Part of the role of the demonic followers (pictured above) is to herd and capture creatures to bring back to the warp for amusement in the halls of Khorne's captains and legions.

I've kept the colouration in keeping with Khornate models. My plan is to use black to represent volcanic rock (from Khorne's realm) on some of the ornamentation on the models. The 'leather' areas will be the skins of victims, similarly the nets and bags etc. used by the demons are made from the skins of previous prey. You can almost imagine tormented souls gibbering and cursing as new victims are captured and placed inside. (Grisly stuff).

This is an example of the story concept being led by the miniature selection which in turn feeds the concept behind the army, creating a virtuous circle.

For those of you that are younger than me and don't know anything about GWs older generation of books, here's a pic of what I'm using to inspire and drive my thought processes along.

Click to Enlarge
Next time around I'll provide the rough army list I am building towards and fill in a bit more on the backstory/concept of the force.

2 comments:

  1. Can't really fault those mate, looking good ;-)

    Is there a design on the Greater Daemon's shield?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers mate :)

    The shield on the model is textured like a tortoise shell so I've left it with skintone colouration. I might go back in and put either the Khornate symbol or something along those lines on the segments another time. But I'm leaving it as 'skin' for now.

    ReplyDelete