Saturday 31 May 2014

Bolt Action US Army - My Starting Point

I'd bought nine US infantry models from ebay several years ago purely to experiment with painting WWII uniforms and then, as is often the way, promptly lost interest and moved onto something else.

The models languished in my collection until a discussion with Nick about Bolt Action by Warlord led me to dig them out again. I also had one of Artizan's Thrilling Tales WWII models, the 'Oddball'  model, based on the hippy (yes, really) tank commander in the movie Kelly's Heroes.

It was during this discussion that we started to consider doing some kind of 'Tale of 2 Gamers' thing to help motivate us both to get a painted force completed for the period.

Kelly's Heroes is possibly by favourite WWII movie (I'm not overly concerned about historical accuracy - but love a good bit of entertainment). With this in mind I decided to build my tiny collection of US miniatures up into a fighting force based on the characters from the movie.

It'll probably be completely rubbish as far as an optimum build for a Bolt Action force but I'll enjoy using it so it doesn't really matter to me how they get on.

Here's my current situation, the US riflemen are painted!

28mm US infantry Bolt Action
And here's Oddball awaiting a paint job.
I'm only going to buy new models when all the existing stuff is painted so until Oddball is finished I'm not buying anything else.

I'll go into what I'm going to include in my list another time, I don't even own any books yet. Just building a force that seems 'cool' and 'feels' like Kelly's Heroes to me. :)

2 comments:

  1. very nice mate, I really need to get started on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, I'll have a 500pt force before you've even started at this rate! :)

    ReplyDelete